At CIMH in Providence, RI, we are a leading oriental medicine, acupuncture and integrative medicine clinic. Our goal is simple: we want to help our patients achieve a better quality of life. Many patients visit our clinic after finding themselves dissatisfied with the results from other forms of treatment.
In this blog post, we’ll explain the key philosophies of integrative medicine and answer the question, “what is integrative medicine?”
We’ll also talk about the therapies offered by CIMH, as well as how you can begin to take control of your health, wellness, and happiness.
A Partnership Between Patient & Practitioner
In integrative medicine, the practitioner and patient relationship is a key focus; patients and practitioners form a partnership. They work together, sharing thoughts, ideas, and possibilities. Then, together, they decide on the best options.
At CIMH, our patients and practitioners use a collaborative approach to identify and resolve the root causes of illness and disease.
Examining Health, Wellness & Disease
Many practitioners often zero in on the physiological causes of disease. Practitioners of integrative medicine take a holistic approach to disease, health, and wellness. They examine all factors, including:
Facilitating the Body’s Healing Response
The human body has an amazing natural healing ability. Therefore, practitioners of integrative medicine prefer to use treatments and therapies that activate and optimize the body’s natural healing response.
This is a key component of resolving the root cause of disease and illness, instead of simply resolving and masking symptoms.
Natural & Less Invasive Treatments
Integrative medicine practitioners take a holistic approach to care. They strive to use natural and minimally invasive therapies whenever possible. This can lead to better outcomes for patients and a better patient/practitioner relationship (which you will remember is another key tenet of integrative medicine).
Integrative medicine is not a rejection of Western medicine!
As its name suggests, integrative medicine actually integrates aspects of Western medicine with alternative therapies and treatments. Ultimately the goal of integrative medicine is to successfully treat patients and restore health.
Integrative medicine practitioners are open to new treatment options when they are based in (and verified by) good scientific practices.
Promoting Health & Disease Prevention
Integrative medicine takes a broad approach to health that includes:
- Illness prevention
- Health promotion
Our ultimate goals are to keep patients healthy and prevent disease from occurring. And when it does occur, we work to make sure a patient can make use of his or her own natural healing ability instead of relying on invasive treatments.
No two patients are alike and therefore integrative medicine is individualized. When working with a practitioner of integrative medicine, a patient’s unique needs, circumstances, beliefs, and goals are all considered when creating a treatment plan.
Integrative Medicine Therapies & Services at CIMH in Providence RI
We specialize in:
- Acupuncture – Our acupuncture treatments are able to align and restore your body’s natural energy, also known as qi. It can offer an effective alternative to prescription drugs, surgery, and other invasive treatment option.
- Moxibustion – An Oriental Medicine technique using the mugwort herb that warms different points and regions of the body to stimulate circulation
- Cupping – A technique used in Traditional Chinese Medicine that involves application of acupressure by creating a vacuum on the patient’s skin. Most useful for treating respiratory diseases and musculoskeletal pain.
- Gua Sha – Provides relief and treatment by soothing muscles and pathways of acupuncture meridians.
- Treatments for a wide variety of symptoms and illnesses – Chronic pain, stress, infertility, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and digestive disorders are just a few of the conditions we treat.
Additionally, we’re proud to offer a corporate integrative medicine program that:
- Increases employee productivity
- Reduces sick days and lost revenue
- Improves employee morale
- Lowers your healthcare costs
And best of all: your employees will be healthier and happier!
Schedule An Appointment At Our Providence Clinic
Are you interested in learning more about the potential of integrative medicine? Do you want to learn how you might benefit from acupuncture and other alternative therapies? Contact CIMH online or call us at (401) 434-3550 to schedule your first appointment.
You’ll receive a free consultation and evaluation.